On Friday, 8 December, 2017, the symposium Unhinging the National Framework: Perspectives on Transnational Life-Writing will be held at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- Prof. dr. Ciraj Rassool (University of Western Cape): Rethinking Biography from South Africa: Implications for Transnational Life-Writing
- Prof. dr. Anthony Bogues (Brown University): CLR James: A Radical 20th Century Life.
- Dr. Barbara Henkes (Groningen University): Doing and Un-doing European-ness in Transnational Life-Writing
- Dr. Marijke Huisman (Utrecht University): Booker T. Washington and Up from Slavery: Afterlife in a Dutch Colonial Context.
In addition there will be a panel discussion about the state of the art in the field of transnational life-writing. Members of the panel include:
- Prof. dr. Mineke Bosch (Groningen University) (chair)
- Prof. dr. Elisabeth Bekers (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
- Prof. dr. Gabriele Linke (Rostock University)
- Dr. Floris Meens (Radboud University Nijmegen)
Members of the expert group on transnational life-writing will present their work in pitches and poster presentations. The full program can be viewed on the poster (above).
Time and place: 09.30 – 15.00, VU main building, 4A33.
Registration is free of charge. Please register by sending a message to email@example.com.